Suxm is a micro web-server meant to serve locally and is very fast web-server that will make use of full capacity of your system.
It is very useful in coding & development because you don't have to install any other static server apart from this; specially if you are working on any client-side app.
Download portable app
Install on Windows
- Download Suxm_windows_x86-64.zip
- Unzip it
- Double click on setup.bat file
- Open command-prompt app & run suxm command to check if it is installed successfully
- Download Suxm_macos_x86-64.tgz
- Unzip it
- Open Terminal app
- Go to the unzipped Suxm_macos_x86-64 folder
- Run command, sh setup.sh
- Open another tab & run suxm command to check if it is installed successfully
Transfer file from MachineA to MachineB
Also, if you want to share some file from one system to another but all other ways of transfer are blocked that usually happens on corporate network; then you may try this app.
- Download and install suxm at MachineA
- Now run ipconfig command on terminal to determine MachineA IP address
- Run the suxm at the required folder on MachineA IP address and port 80; which could never be blocked by any network.
- Now note down the URL, it is serving at.
- Then access the same URL via MachineB browser.
- It would list down direct links of all the files of that MachineA's shared folder on MachineB browser.
- Now you may download the required file from those links.