Suppose you are in the CompanyX and working on CompanyY's support project using Zendesk.
To find out what action you need to take over those on-hold tickets (Zendesk), please follow these steps
- Open each on-hold ticket one-by-one
- Look for the associated JIRA ID, because if it is on-hold then it must be waiting for response from 3rd party where in our case 3rd party is CompanyY's engineering team
- Watch the status of that JIRA ID
- If it is closed, then read the last comment and act accordingly
- It it is not closed, then skip it & move forward
- Add public reply / internal note based on comment & status of the associated JIRA