Skip to main content

Orkut is deleting profiles - Myth busted

Hey you all orkut users, as I've came across many messages that says 'Orkut is deleting profiles' or something like that. So I thought to clarify this problem. As many of the users are afraid of this.

GOOD NEWS !!!

Orkut couldn't delete any of the profile without prior notifications. 

I suggest you to see the link given below:-


This link will show you 'orkut.com Terms of Service'. As per our habbits, we generally ignore to read these things while registering or opening our account. So now give it a look.

In the 'term and termination' section, 

"... We may terminate your membership immediately at any time, for any reason. ..."

is stated. But they can delete the profile "... who does not receive this scrap ..." is ridiculous. 

If they want to see who are using/not using their account then why don't they look the record. In which it is stated that when a user has last login or have done last scrap/msg.

THINK GUYS!

More over do you think that google will go out of resource...

I don't think so!

But yes, ofcourse they can delete profiles that are not in use for a long time. But under 'term and termination' there is no such statement present. So you can guess what does that mean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlock protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7

Recently I'd been called by Hindalco's Fabrication Plant division to unlock the protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7. They were in need to unlock those blocks since an year because of 1 million Rupees of loss per month. They want to re-program those blocks but it was locked by the man who'd done the setup. From the people working in that department, I came to know that they were trying to call that man (someone from Italy) right here but he's not coming. Actually, what he'd done was that he'd locked some of the blocks and deleted the source file. And Siemens didn't provide any feature to unlock. Department people also told me that even the people working in Siemens don't know how to do it. Being a software engineer I know that any thing can be reverse engineered. So I took up the challenge. How did I unlocked the blocks? The first thing I'd done was searched about this software at Google and read about what is this software all about. Aft...

JS: The complete code example of Crypto.js (DES)

For one of the project I was trying to use crypto.js but I found that the Quick-start Guide have some deficiency in terms of library usage. So I am writing it here as a useful note for memory recap. <script src="http://crypto-js.googlecode.com/svn/tags/3.1.2/build/rollups/tripledes.js"></script> <script> var encrypted = CryptoJS.DES.encrypt("The secret message", "secret_key"); var e_msg = encrypted.toString(); console.log(e_msg); var decrypted = CryptoJS.DES.decrypt(e_msg, "secret_key"); var d_msg = decrypted.toString(CryptoJS.enc.Utf8); console.log(d_msg); </script>

Openmeetings Widget Wordpress Plugin

One of my client asked me to create a Wordpress plugin, so the first thing I did was to search for any existing plugin on which I can work on. Luckily I found one. It was developed by Shuki Vaknin. You can visit his plugin at:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget/ But I had little different requirement. So I modified the Shuki Vaknin's plugin. The modification is that every session has a unique username. I choose guest as default name while adding a timestamp along with guest keyword like guest34578689 . Download Link:  openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget.zip