Skip to main content

Can a virus attacks via orkut

Guys, r u (orkut users) also getting sick of recieving mails that says "...don't add this particular id to ur frnd list ... it is a VIRUS..." or something like this. 

Then there is a good news for u all. 
Orkut is quite a safe place. 
And there is no way to introduce virus via anybody's profile.

How this Virus Myth came into existence?

Generally, when two guys involve in a feud, then atleast one of them definitely tries to hurt the other one by one or the other way. And guess what's that way? U r right. They broadcast messages like this in their bulletin board. And in orkut they send these types of messages to all of their friends. Sometimes this is not good enough to relief their feudal tension. So they attach a Keyword that is considered like terrorist of the Virtual World ... VIRUS or WORM. And attach a sentence to forward this msg to ur good ones.

Can a virus attacks via orkut?

NO, i.e., a big No. There is no way through which virus can be uploaded in an orkut profile. As there is only attachment service provided is for image and that also support only .jpg, .gif & .png formats with a maximum size limit of 500KB. That also checks if the uploaded file is really an image or any virus is mimicking the image formats. That way u r completely safe. Even now if u r afraid of virus then just do not download any image.

So now u know the reason ... don't be afraid of adding anybody.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlock protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7

Recently I'd been called by Hindalco's Fabrication Plant division to unlock the protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7. They were in need to unlock those blocks since an year because of 1 million Rupees of loss per month. They want to re-program those blocks but it was locked by the man who'd done the setup. From the people working in that department, I came to know that they were trying to call that man (someone from Italy) right here but he's not coming. Actually, what he'd done was that he'd locked some of the blocks and deleted the source file. And Siemens didn't provide any feature to unlock. Department people also told me that even the people working in Siemens don't know how to do it. Being a software engineer I know that any thing can be reverse engineered. So I took up the challenge. How did I unlocked the blocks? The first thing I'd done was searched about this software at Google and read about what is this software all about. Aft...

JS: The complete code example of Crypto.js (DES)

For one of the project I was trying to use crypto.js but I found that the Quick-start Guide have some deficiency in terms of library usage. So I am writing it here as a useful note for memory recap. <script src="http://crypto-js.googlecode.com/svn/tags/3.1.2/build/rollups/tripledes.js"></script> <script> var encrypted = CryptoJS.DES.encrypt("The secret message", "secret_key"); var e_msg = encrypted.toString(); console.log(e_msg); var decrypted = CryptoJS.DES.decrypt(e_msg, "secret_key"); var d_msg = decrypted.toString(CryptoJS.enc.Utf8); console.log(d_msg); </script>

Openmeetings Widget Wordpress Plugin

One of my client asked me to create a Wordpress plugin, so the first thing I did was to search for any existing plugin on which I can work on. Luckily I found one. It was developed by Shuki Vaknin. You can visit his plugin at:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget/ But I had little different requirement. So I modified the Shuki Vaknin's plugin. The modification is that every session has a unique username. I choose guest as default name while adding a timestamp along with guest keyword like guest34578689 . Download Link:  openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget.zip