Skip to main content

How to setup Robot Framework on development machine?

Here, I have shared the steps to setup the Robot Framework on a development machine preferrably on MacOSX. 

Steps to setup

  1. Download and install Python from here 
  1. Windows users should target Python v2.7 due to Selenium compatibility while MacOS users can target v2.7 as well as v3.0 or above 
  2. After installation, add it's path in Environment Variables 
  3. Verify it on terminal $ python -V 
  1. Install Robot Framework as instructed here 
  1. Use pip install robotframework as preferred installer on terminal 
  2. Verify it on terminal $ robot --version 
  1. Install Selenium2Library as instructed here 
  1. Use pip install robotframework-selenium2library as preferred installer on terminal 
  2. No dependency related error should remain on terminal while installing this 
  1. Download Geckodriver from here, 
  1. Unzip the package 
  2. Put the executable file at suitable path 
  3. Add that path in Environment Variables 
  4. Verify it on terminal 
$ geckodriver -b /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin 
  1. Download & install Firefox from here 

Comments

  1. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.Thanks for sharing this great article.

    Online Robot Framework Training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your great and helpful presentation I like your good service.I always appreciate your post.That is very interesting I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this.
    Online Robot Framework Training

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unlock protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7

Recently I'd been called by Hindalco's Fabrication Plant division to unlock the protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7. They were in need to unlock those blocks since an year because of 1 million Rupees of loss per month. They want to re-program those blocks but it was locked by the man who'd done the setup. From the people working in that department, I came to know that they were trying to call that man (someone from Italy) right here but he's not coming. Actually, what he'd done was that he'd locked some of the blocks and deleted the source file. And Siemens didn't provide any feature to unlock. Department people also told me that even the people working in Siemens don't know how to do it. Being a software engineer I know that any thing can be reverse engineered. So I took up the challenge. How did I unlocked the blocks? The first thing I'd done was searched about this software at Google and read about what is this software all about. Aft...

JS: The complete code example of Crypto.js (DES)

For one of the project I was trying to use crypto.js but I found that the Quick-start Guide have some deficiency in terms of library usage. So I am writing it here as a useful note for memory recap. <script src="http://crypto-js.googlecode.com/svn/tags/3.1.2/build/rollups/tripledes.js"></script> <script> var encrypted = CryptoJS.DES.encrypt("The secret message", "secret_key"); var e_msg = encrypted.toString(); console.log(e_msg); var decrypted = CryptoJS.DES.decrypt(e_msg, "secret_key"); var d_msg = decrypted.toString(CryptoJS.enc.Utf8); console.log(d_msg); </script>

Openmeetings Widget Wordpress Plugin

One of my client asked me to create a Wordpress plugin, so the first thing I did was to search for any existing plugin on which I can work on. Luckily I found one. It was developed by Shuki Vaknin. You can visit his plugin at:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget/ But I had little different requirement. So I modified the Shuki Vaknin's plugin. The modification is that every session has a unique username. I choose guest as default name while adding a timestamp along with guest keyword like guest34578689 . Download Link:  openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget.zip