Skip to main content

Batch File - Bulk Renamer ... Advanced

This post is the continuation of my last post, i.e., Batch File - Bulk Renamer; related to systematically renaming all the files in a folder.

The problem I noticed with my previous code is that, either it works with the particular type of file (aka same extension) or in absence of file-extensions it renames this batch file also. So I thought to introduce a condition in this so as to skip this batch file while renaming other files.

Here is the code for that,

.:C.O.D.E:.

@echo off&set /a cnt=1
for %%a in (*) do call :PROCESS "%%a"
goto :EOF
:PROCESS
IF not %1=="bulk_renamer.bat" (rename %1 "IMG_%cnt%.jpg")
set /a cnt+=1


Note: This code would rename all the files present in the folder except bulk_renamer.bat

Help: Refer to my previous post for the steps to create or modify the script.

Link: http://akzcool.blogspot.com/2010/11/batch-file-bulk-renamer.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unlock protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7

Recently I'd been called by Hindalco's Fabrication Plant division to unlock the protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7. They were in need to unlock those blocks since an year because of 1 million Rupees of loss per month. They want to re-program those blocks but it was locked by the man who'd done the setup. From the people working in that department, I came to know that they were trying to call that man (someone from Italy) right here but he's not coming. Actually, what he'd done was that he'd locked some of the blocks and deleted the source file. And Siemens didn't provide any feature to unlock. Department people also told me that even the people working in Siemens don't know how to do it. Being a software engineer I know that any thing can be reverse engineered. So I took up the challenge. How did I unlocked the blocks? The first thing I'd done was searched about this software at Google and read about what is this software all about. Aft...

JS: The complete code example of Crypto.js (DES)

For one of the project I was trying to use crypto.js but I found that the Quick-start Guide have some deficiency in terms of library usage. So I am writing it here as a useful note for memory recap. <script src="http://crypto-js.googlecode.com/svn/tags/3.1.2/build/rollups/tripledes.js"></script> <script> var encrypted = CryptoJS.DES.encrypt("The secret message", "secret_key"); var e_msg = encrypted.toString(); console.log(e_msg); var decrypted = CryptoJS.DES.decrypt(e_msg, "secret_key"); var d_msg = decrypted.toString(CryptoJS.enc.Utf8); console.log(d_msg); </script>

Openmeetings Widget Wordpress Plugin

One of my client asked me to create a Wordpress plugin, so the first thing I did was to search for any existing plugin on which I can work on. Luckily I found one. It was developed by Shuki Vaknin. You can visit his plugin at:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget/ But I had little different requirement. So I modified the Shuki Vaknin's plugin. The modification is that every session has a unique username. I choose guest as default name while adding a timestamp along with guest keyword like guest34578689 . Download Link:  openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget.zip