Skip to main content

How to configure Android Developer Tools for Cordova/Phonegap use?

If you are reading this blog then you might be be searching for an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to develop Cordova or Phonegap applications on Android platform. So you have come at the right place.

So, how do we acheive that? Well, you need to follow these steps:
  1. Download latest ADT from this link: Get the Android SDK
  2. Install it of your development machine
  3. Open it up
  4. In menu bar go to the Help → Install New Software...
  5. A popup window appears, in which you need to click the Add... button
  6. A small sub-popup form appears, that you need to fill as:
    • Name: WTP 
    • Location: http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/repository/juno/
  7. Click on the Ok button after filling up the form
  8. After closing the sub-popup form, a list appears in the table, where user is suppose to check the items that they need to install. To configure it for Cordova you would require editor for HTML, JS, CSS, XML, so first select the Web Tools Plaform (WTP) 3.4.2 
  9. Now check these items:
    • Eclipse Web Developer Tools
    • Eclipse XML Editors and Tools
    • Exlipse XSL Developer Tools
    • JavaScript Development Tools
    • Web Page Editor
  10. Since the Next button would have been enabled until now, so click on the Next button to proceed
  11. After it would download the selected items, you need to click on the Next button on Install Details screen
  12. Then on Review Licenses screen, you need to select the 'I accept the terms of the license agreement' radio button
  13. Click on the Finish button to complete the process
  14. A small Installing Software popup window appears to show you the progress of installation.
Now, try to open any web based file with extension as .html, .htm, .js, .css, .xml to verify if the WTP installed successfully or not. You might have to select a proper editor from the right-click context menu of the selected file.

Comments

  1. Nice blog.
    http://www.volivesolutions.com/android-mobile-application-development-company.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unlock protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7

Recently I'd been called by Hindalco's Fabrication Plant division to unlock the protected blocks in Siemens SIMATIC Step 7. They were in need to unlock those blocks since an year because of 1 million Rupees of loss per month. They want to re-program those blocks but it was locked by the man who'd done the setup. From the people working in that department, I came to know that they were trying to call that man (someone from Italy) right here but he's not coming. Actually, what he'd done was that he'd locked some of the blocks and deleted the source file. And Siemens didn't provide any feature to unlock. Department people also told me that even the people working in Siemens don't know how to do it. Being a software engineer I know that any thing can be reverse engineered. So I took up the challenge. How did I unlocked the blocks? The first thing I'd done was searched about this software at Google and read about what is this software all about. Aft...

JS: The complete code example of Crypto.js (DES)

For one of the project I was trying to use crypto.js but I found that the Quick-start Guide have some deficiency in terms of library usage. So I am writing it here as a useful note for memory recap. <script src="http://crypto-js.googlecode.com/svn/tags/3.1.2/build/rollups/tripledes.js"></script> <script> var encrypted = CryptoJS.DES.encrypt("The secret message", "secret_key"); var e_msg = encrypted.toString(); console.log(e_msg); var decrypted = CryptoJS.DES.decrypt(e_msg, "secret_key"); var d_msg = decrypted.toString(CryptoJS.enc.Utf8); console.log(d_msg); </script>

Openmeetings Widget Wordpress Plugin

One of my client asked me to create a Wordpress plugin, so the first thing I did was to search for any existing plugin on which I can work on. Luckily I found one. It was developed by Shuki Vaknin. You can visit his plugin at:  http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget/ But I had little different requirement. So I modified the Shuki Vaknin's plugin. The modification is that every session has a unique username. I choose guest as default name while adding a timestamp along with guest keyword like guest34578689 . Download Link:  openmeetings-integration-plugin-widget.zip